Last week saw the close of the biggest VMworld US to date. With over 23,000 attendees, it was a week of high energy and exciting news about the new innovations coming to you. Just in case you missed anything from the event, never fear, we have wrapped up the announcements below for you.
What a week at #VMworld. I'm exhausted! my throat is sore, my feet hurt and my eyes are red…. What a great week it was !!
— Pat Gelsinger (@PGelsinger) September 4, 2015
Extending Unified Hybrid Cloud Platform
Kicking off the announcements were innovations to our hybrid cloud platform, VMware vCloud Air. Focused on enabling customers to build applications faster, improve IT security, rapidly recover from disasters and drive meaningful business value. New announcements included;
- Improvements to vCloud Air Disaster Recovery Services, continuing to offer a unique approach to cloud disaster recovery.
- vCloud Air Object Storage offering a portfolio of highly scalable, reliable and cost effective storage services for unstructured data, powered by Google Cloud Platform and EMC Cloud Services.
- vCloud Air SQL a new database offering providing easy access, to scaleable, cloud-hosted relational databases, delivered as a pay as you go model and support for Microsoft SQL Server.
VMware EVO SDDC
VMware EVO SDDC (previously named VMware: EVO: RACK) a fully automated software suite for delivering the software-defined data center as an integrated system extending the virtualization principles across all data center resources and services, resulting in a more efficient and lower cost SDDC. Find out more here
— StorageReview.com (@storagereview) August 31, 2015
vSphere Integrated containers and Photon Platform Accelerate Cloud Native Apps in Enterprise
- Announced as previews, VMware vSphere Integrated Containers and VMware Photon Platforms will enable enterprise IT operations to deliver containers in production on-premises and on VMware’s Public Cloud, VMware vCloud Air.
- VMware Photon Platforms provides a purpose built solution for high churn workloads, with an API first model allowing DevOps and SaaS organisations to run cloud-native applications at scale.
Project A2 to support Windows 10 Adoption Acceleration
A technology preview, Project A2 re-defines Windows management and a unique approach shifting focus from an endpoint management to a focus on application management. Project A2 can accelerate adoption of Windows 10 by eliminating the costly and complex process of managing and upgrading Windows PCs and applications by using AirWatch enterprise mobile management (EMM) coupled with VMware App Volumes application delivery technology.
VMware & Microsoft partnering – who would have expected that! #VMworld
— Pat Gelsinger (@PGelsinger) September 1, 2015
With so many new and exciting releases coming up, now is the perfect time to register to attend VMworld Europe, taking place 12th – 15th October in Barcelona. Attendees can choose from over 250 sessions, alongside meeting with over 120 sponsors and exhibitors in the Solutions Exchange, ensuring you are ‘Ready for Any’ in 2016– find out more here