Smart virtualization strategies are essential for organisations looking to transform the value of the IT department. It can move IT away from the traditional perceptions of it being a ‘cost centre’ or ‘service provider’, and enable it to become a source of innovation.
Download our white paper, IT Evolution Today and Tomorrow – Insights from the VMware 2013 Journey to IT as a Service Survey, to find out how you can evolve the value of the IT department in your organisation.
Journey to IT as a Service Survey
Best-of-breed IT departments are using virtualization to provide important momentum for the business. The more they are virtualizing, the more agile they are becoming. But what are the real numbers behind the benefits?
The VMware ‘Journey to IT as a Service’ survey asked this question. Here’s what we found:
The Virtualization journey:
- 26% of survey respondents are at the start of their virtualization journey – using it to enhance their IT production and making CapEx savings through consolidation.
- 53% of respondents are using virtualization to enhance their business production – and making OpEx savings through automation.
- 21% of survey respondents are now delivering IT as a service. These organisations are changing the nature of their business via new, agile service models.
The Benefits of IT as a Service
- IT as a Service companies are 37% more responsive to IT requests than their peers. They save 30% in operations and development staff time
- 53% of investment-minded IT as a Service companies are generating in-creased revenue streams through new IT applications and services. These companies enjoy 26% higher revenues than peers that are in earlier stages of the virtualization journey
- As a result of high degrees of automation and innovative models of IT service delivery, IT as a Service companies are more than 200% more productive than companies in the IT production phase.
To learn more about IT as a Service and the benefits it can bring to your organisation, download our white paper, IT Evolution Today and Tomorrow – Insights from the VMware 2013 Journey to IT as a Service Survey.
And check out our new infographic on the key reasons you should be running IT as a Service.