Why pay for VMware vSphere when other vendors give away?
Paying for something is always less attractive than getting it for free but for application users it may be worth spending a little when it comes to their hypervisor in order to gain better application uptime. VMware excels in delivering the highest uptime for applications hosted with the lowest cost per application.
Here’s why vSphere with Operations Manager is the wisest choice for your pocket:
- Your Hypervisor is not a commodity – Hypervisor architecture and size don’t matter. VMware provides the thinnest hypervisor on the planet with less than 200MB of footprint. It should not be a switch to enable or disable a hypervisor.
- More than a tick in a box – VMware and other vendors have a small set of features in common, but while other vendors shower you with false promises, VMware delivers.
- Widely accepted and deployed – If free hypervisors deliver what vSphere delivers then why has vSphere been adopted by over half a million customers worldwide? These customers include Fortune 500 companies and over 94% of vSphere users, use it in production environments.
- Virtualising Business Critical Apps (BCA) – The majority of customers have virtualised their BCA on VMware. The reason being that VMware provides peace of mind in cases if both planned and unplanned downtime. ISVs currently support 5177 applications.
- It’s all about the cost – VMware provides the lowest TCO compared to any other solutions with all those relevant features.
You can view a total cost comparison summary between vSphere and Hyper-V HERE.