VMware vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM) is our core virtualisation product, vSphere, with the addition of performance monitoring and capacity management capabilities.
vSphere with Operations Management not only offers a more intuitive user interface than vCenter Server, but it also takes vCenter Server monitoring capabilities further by adding predictive analytics to help with faster problem discovery and remediation as well as more efficient resource management.
Key Features of VMware vSphere with Operations Management 5.5
Unified Command Console displays key performance indicators in easily identifiable coloured badges and provides a comprehensive view into what is driving current and potential future performance and capacity management issues.
- Performance Monitoring and Capacity Management analyses vCenter Server performance data and establishes dynamic thresholds that adapt to the environment and provide smart alerts about health degradations, performance bottlenecks and capacity shortfalls.
- Performance data is abstracted to determine health, risk and efficiency measures that provide IT with operations visibility to effectively identify developing performance problems with less time and effort.
- Capacity management helps identify idle or overprovisioned VMs to reclaim excess capacity and increase VM density without impacting performance.
- Capabilities are equivalent to Standard edition of vCenter Operations Manager and available as an appliance that is accessible within minutes.
Increased Performance and Availability of Mission-Critical Applications through new and enhanced functionality to deliver greater agility, efficiency and resilience at high service levels for your IT environments:
- Increased Host-Level Configuration Maximums (logical CPUs increased to 320) and Support for 62TB Virtual Machine Disk File (VMDK).
- Flash Read Cache leverages server-side caching for enhanced performance of applications.
- VM Latency reduction by reserving memory, dedicating CPU cores and disabling network features prone to high latency.
- App HA works in conjunction with VMware vFabric Hyperic Server to monitor application services running inside the virtual machine and performs restart actions as defined by the administrator when issues are detected.
- Big Data Extensions (BDE) Plug-in enables administrators to deploy and manage Hadoop clusters on vSphere.
With vSphere with Operations Management you can:
- Virtualise their x86 server resources and aggregate them into logical pools for allocation of multiple workloads.
- Get network services optimised for the virtual environment, along with simplified administration and management.
- Reduce the complexity of back-end storage systems and enable the most efficient storage utilisation in virtual environments.
- Protect your data and applications with the industry’s most secure “bare-metal” virtualisation platform.
- Maximise uptime across your virtualised infrastructure, reducing unplanned downtime and eliminating planned downtime for server and storage maintenance.
- Lower operating expenditures and minimise errors by streamlining routine tasks with vSphere’s accurate and repeatable solutions.
- Create a virtualised environment suited for running mission-critical applications with confidence through proactive capacity and operations management.
For more information visit: http://bit.ly/1pdPFLu