Last week saw VMware Online Technology Forum bring you expert Q&As, in-depth content sessions, networking opportunities and more. Now, all the content and sessions are available OnDemand for you to experience as and when it suits you – so you can pick and choose exactly what you’re interested in. Take a look below to see everything that is now available to you, as well as a round-up of what happened on the day.
The event started off with a welcome from our EMEA CTO Joe Baguley, who spoke about the effects of the convergence of cloud and mobile, the liquid world we’re finding ourselves in and the challenges facing businesses and IT departments today. Next up, Duncan Epping, Chief Technologist in VMware’s office of the CTO, explored what’s new with vSphere 6.0, the foundation of our hybrid cloud strategy. Both of these presentations can now be accessed to watch at any time.
Following these two main sessions, attendees could choose from numerous specialised sessions, live Q&As with the likes of Joe Baguley, Mike Laverick, and Richard Munro, as well as hands-on-labs and live chats running throughout the day. All the sessions were recorded, and outlined below you can see the different content tracks now available online.
- End user computing – In this track we look at the recently acquired Airwatch and how this solution is helping to enable next generation business mobility. Sessions also include a discussion of App Volumes and revolutionising application delivery, as well as desktop transformation in 2015 with VMware Horizon 6.
- Hybrid Cloud – We have a whole host of hybrid cloud sessions for you, ranging from tech tips for getting started, a guide to hybrid cloud and disaster recovery, as well as an introduction to VMware’s hybrid cloud solution, vCloud Air and how it can support your business.
- SDDC Cloud Infrastructure – In this content track you can learn all about the new features of vSphere 6.0, vSan 6 and Virtual Volumes, as well as how to enable microsegmentation to enhance your network virtualization strategy with VMware NSX.
- SDDC Cloud Management – Sessions in this content track include how to deliver multi-cloud services with vRealize Automation, an exploration of new features in vRealize Operations 6, and an introduction to VMware Integrated OpenStack.
- Education – The education track offers an overview of available VMware training and certification, and how these can boost your career in IT.
For further highlights from the event, check out our Storify, and don’t forget to catch up on anything you missed on the event page. Here you can access all the materials from the live event, watch the presentations, listen to session recordings and enjoy reruns of the hands-on-labs.