VMware Online Technology Forum was an opportunity for you to get up close and personal with the latest VMware updates and enter into live chats with VMware technical experts and spokespeople. Here we highlight the three things we think are particularly worth a (re)visit.
- Chief Technologist in VMware’s office of the CTO, Duncan Epping’s, overview of the new features in vSphere 6.0. The session was really well received and if you don’t have the time to explore many sessions, go with this one at least! Duncan dives deeper into the changes and upgrades compared to version 5.5, including how version 6.0 is tackling the scale requirements of cloud and business-critical applications. He also talks about the unique (and pretty cool) GRID vGPU feature which allows 3D environments and graphics to be virtualized just as easily as your usual desktop, the instant clone upgrade which allows a new VM to be deployed in a matter of seconds and many other additions and upgrades including vMotion, data protection and the vSphere web client.
To access this session and the related Q&A, just visit the auditorium in the Online Technology Forum Lobby, and watch ‘vSphere 6, the Foundation for the Hybrid Cloud’. You can use your briefcase to gather this and other sessions or presentations you’re interested in, and download them to you desktop to watch offline at any point.
- Introducing Hyper-Convergence with EVO:Rail. There are a number of different ways to get on the path to the Software-Defined Data Center. These include traditional ‘build your own’, converged infrastructure (think VCE vBlock, Fujitsu vShape, etc.) and now Hyper-Converged Infrastructure with VMware EVO:RAIL. This session offers an in-depth look at EVO:RAIL, showing how it transforms the end-to-end user experience, from initial purchase and deployment to ongoing maintenance and support. It also looks at how EVO:RAIL addresses key challenges for businesses, including choice, flexibility, time to value, ongoing maintenance, ease of use and budget.
- Hands-on Labs. These are the fastest and easiest way to test-drive the full technical capabilities of VMware products, don’t require you to install anything further on your desktop and are completely free. With Online Technology Forum, you can also access run-throughs from technical experts and you can ask them any questions you have. See the available labs below:
- What’s new with vSphere 6
- What’s new with Virtual SAN
- Cloud Management with vRealize operations
- VMware NSX introduction
- Horizon 6 (with View) from A to Z
- Introduction EVO:RAIL
Be sure to visit the event page to make the most of all this exciting content, and check out the agenda for a full summary of everything available to you, or take a look at the highlights on our blog.