Last week our EVO:RAIL partner day took place. Goal: bringing together VMware partners and resellers, distributors and Qualified EVO:RAIL partners to take a closer look at how EVO:RAIL can be used as the building block for the software-defined data center. With a fantastic mix of technical and business-focused sessions, the day provided invaluable insight for partners looking to deploy EVO:RAIL or considering the opportunities it offers.
We’ve picked our top five nuggets of information that came out of the sessions:
- Hyper-converged system sales are predicted to grow by nearly 60% between 2014 and 2019 according to IDC
- It only takes six minutes to add a new appliance to a cluster on EVO:RAIL
- There are around 90% fewer steps needed to start up a new private cloud on EVO:RAIL compared to a custom built solution – before there could be 600, now there are only six!
- An EVO:RAIL appliance can deliver up to 8 CPUs with 92 cores, 2048GB of memory and 27.2TB of hybrid storage
- EVO:RAIL is available through seven Qualified EVO:RAIL partners: Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi Data Systems, HP, NetApp and Supermicro
We spoke to a number of VMware’s partners during the event to get their take on EVO:RAIL and the opportunities it offers and we’ll be sharing their insight with you on the blog over the coming days. For more information on EVO:RAIL take a look at the video below, showing why EVO:RAIL is the future for hyper converged infrastructure: